Arrive by boat! Our winery is one of the few on Cayuga Lake that offers dock parking.
Planning on a trip to Thirsty Owl? Check out our calendar for events, entertainment and much more happening here and on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail.Calendar
Tasting Room Hours
Monday - Saturday
10 am - 5:30 pm
10:30 am - 5:30 pm
We are NOT taking reservations for tastings during the Covid-19 pandemic, just walk ins only. Groups of 5 or less can enter and taste together. Groups over 5 will be split up according to our space and tasting area availability. Group limits are 10 guests. Groups of 11 or more will not be permitted entry into the winery at this time, no exceptions..EVERYONE in your group counts as a person, including children and non tasters. Tastings are $5 per person for a sample of 5 wines. $2 coupons are issued back towards your purchase of a bottle of wine.
Bistro Hours: CLOSED for the season. Reopening May 2021
In order to continue to provide our guests with the best wine tasting experience and the level of customer service you have come to expect from Thirsty Owl Wine Company, we have updated our policies so that your visit with us is enjoyable, safe and fun. Pleaes note our policies have changed during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- We are not taking reservations for tastings during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- You must wear a mask to enter the tasting room and in and around the grounds. Masks may be removed for wine tasting only.
- Groups of 5 or less are able to stay together for a tasting. If you arrive with a group larger than 5, you will be split up according to our available space and occupancy limitations. Groups larger than 10 will NOT be admitted or accepted at this time. No exceptions. This includes people who are not tasting wine. Everyone in your party counts towards your group count.
- Children are welcome, but must be attended at all times and required to wear a mask if they are 2 years of age or older. They count as "people" in your group.
- We are dog friendly outside on the grounds only. Dogs are not allowed in the tasting room or the tasting deck due to the pandemic guidelines and social distancing rules, but are allowed in our outdoor picnic table seating area. They must be leashed throughout the property at all times.
- NO outside food is permitted. Picnic tables are subject to availability and are reserved/made first priority seating for Bistro customers dining with us and those who purchase full glasses of wine from our tasting room.
- Guests arriving by boat may only park at our dock if you are visiting and dining at our winery. This policy also applies to our vehicle rides up to the vineyard and tasting room: you must be visiting our winery. Rides are also subject to availability, weather and other factors concerning the safety of all guests.
- We do not give tours.
- Policies are subject to change at our own discretion to ensure the best possible wine experience for all patrons.
- Please contact us with any questions.